Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide: by filling in forms on our site, by using our online services or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, financial and credit/debit card information and identification documentation. If you are making an enquiry we will need brief details of the nature of your enquiry and if it involves a third party their details in order that we can undertake a conflict search. We would like to know if you have used our services before or who has recommended you to us.
- Details of your visits to our site: (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location and log in data, weblogs, page interaction information and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
Uses made of information
- To allow us to process any online requests for information. The relevant information is used by us, to find the right person to deal with your enquiry and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the enquiry.
- To enable us to provide you with our online services.
- If the information is submitted in connection with a job vacancy, the information will be used in connection with your application to assess your suitability for the position in question.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To undertake electronic identification or credit checks where we feel appropriate.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
We do not sell or otherwise make data commercially available to any third party.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we protect your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Our computer systems are restricted to authorised users by our Firewall and by the use of passwords both on our computer system and database. We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information. We are also bound by our professional rules of conduct to ensure that any correspondence passing between us is kept confidential.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us. You have a right of access under Data Protection legislation to the personal data that we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold for you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, name or if you wish to withdraw your enquiry or your application, please let us know the correct details by sending Cadassist an email.